Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf


For as long as I can remember, I've been a big meatloaf fan (the food...not the musician).

However, in all these years, I've never eaten it made with ground turkey, only ground beef. Well, I decided to take the plunge and make turkey meatloaf using our favorite recipe.

I was more than pleased wth the results. It came out moist and flavorful.

Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup (8 oz) tomato sauce 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp black papper
Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. 
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 
  3. Pour and press mixture into a greased loaf pan. 
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min, or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. 
    Yield: 6 - 8 servings
      Now, I'm not giving up my ground beef meatloaf, but I love that I can make this turkey one as a slightly healthier alternative some of the time.  

      What do you think about turkey meatloaf? Have you tried it?

        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...