Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins


A few weeks ago I tried a Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin recipe I found on another website. All I can say is they were terrible. I mean throw in the trash terrible.

Honestly, I don't like to say things like that about someone's recipe, but....

So, I told my family not to worry because I just knew I could do better than that myself.  Out of the desire to make good on my promise, this blueberry muffin recipe was born....

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. 
  2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. 
  3. In another bowl, combine butter, coconut oil, honey, eggs, milk and vanilla. 
  4. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture just until moistened. 
  5. Fold in blueberries. 
  6. Spoon mixture into greased or paper lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. 
  7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. 
  8. Let cool for 10 - 15 minutes before removing from muffin pan. 
  9. Serve warm with butter.

Yield: 12 muffins

....and everyone loved them!

What's your favorite muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...